Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Corruption in places-Impurity

November 2008, against my better judgement, made an online application for NICOP card( National Identity card for overseas Pakistanis) to NADRA in Pakistan.
Here is chronology of the events:
Date Action requested
03 November 2008 application acknowledged
04 November 2008 family head NIC number requested
NIC entered
09 November 2008 1. passport (Pers info ) image
2. passport (visa page )

3.Birth certificate
Never had a birth certificate but uploaded clearer images of passport
12 November 2008 12.50 mother name
mothers name urdu
phone number(Pakistan) I Could not see any field for phone so I entered phone in additional address info

12 November 2008 15.51 phone number again
11 December 2008 10.43 phone number again
11 December 2008 11.43 phone number again
12 December 2008 phone number again
16 December 2008 Phone number again
5 January 2009 phone number again
11 January 2009 phone number again

Eleven time data uploaded over two month period. Letter and complaint written
Phoned on numerous occasion. Extremely long waiting times before being connected. Faxed telephone details.
The people I contacted were always unhelpful and triying to put obstacles in your way. There is no logic behind this . If i was resident Pakistani they would be expecting Bakhshish(bribe) but I am thousands of miles away.
One day I noticed my application had been approved. The Card was printed and despatched to somewhere in Pakistan. Allah knows where because my relatives in Pakistan did not receive it. I phoned again and was told chase up one of the two courier companies.
This is NADRA in Pakistan.

Nothing but impurity in the Land of the Pure(Pakistan).

No comments: